FAQs About Downloading Your ePatterns/eBooksPLEASE NOTE ePatterns/eBooks are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you haven’t purchased or printed an e-Pattern before, we suggest you download one of our free e-Patterns as a test. The ePackets and Digital Download Designs on our site are mainly in PDF format when you download them. A few that contain multiple files are in ZIP file which once saved and extracted will result in a folder with multiple PDF files to view and print.
How to Download Your e-Packet
Immediately On Completion of Payment…You should be redirected to a “Thank You for Your Order” Page that looks similar to the one below with a list of the ePatterns you have purchased. Just click “Download Product” next to each packet title to download it.
I would suggest you create a folder on your computer’s hard drive titled “ePacket Downloads” or something that is easy for you to remember and save all your ePattern files there for future reference or printing. If you are not prompted, your computer will store the file in the default download folder specified in your browser preferences… often a folder entitled “downloads” and you can move them later. You can search for the file on your computer by the Product ID#, such as “SP271EP”.
After Payment, If You Are Not Redirected to the Thank You Page with Your Download Links, or you Accidentally Close It, you can still get your downloads…
- YOUR STORE ACCOUNT – DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT TAB Log in to your store account, click “Your Account”, then Download Management bar… a list of links will dropdown for all the patterns you have purchased, sorted by most recent order first.
Download Link in ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL After payment, you should receive an ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL with the subject “Thank You for Your Order # – DecorativePaiintingStore.com“. (Don’t mistake this one with your payment confirmation from Paypal or Auth.net). In this email is a link to the page where you can download your e-Patterns. The link will look somthing like below
YOUR PRODUCT DOWNLOADS – You can download your files at the following URL https://www.decorativepaintingstore.com/latedownload.php?ordid=2015&pass=003aba252ce5a (if not displayed as a link – copy and paste the URL in your browser address bar)
How to Download a PDF to iBooks on an iPadTo download pdf patterns to iBooks on your iPad:
Open the order confirmation email and click the link and a page should open in the Safari browser with a list of your e-patterns and a red ‘Download Product’ link to the right of each title (you may need to scroll right if you don’t see it). Or you can now login to your store account and click the “Download Management” section to see your ‘Download’ links.
- Click the Download link. It may take a few seconds depending on the size of the file, but once the file downloads and you should get a gray screen with “pdf” in the center along with the file name. Below that it says “Open in Books”.
- Click “Open in Books” and the pattern should open up in your Books app on your iPad.
- Or if you click “More…”, just below Open in Books, it goes to a screen where you can select the printer to print the file.
About PDF FormatWhen downloading PDF files, they can either be opened or saved during the download process. We recommend you save the file to your hard drive so that you have it stored in case you ever need to open and print it at a later date. PDF files can be opened, viewed on your computer monitor, and any or all of it can be printed on your home printer using Adobe Acrobat Reader… a free software that comes standard on most computers. If you don’t have Acrobat Reader, or need the most recently updated version, you can download it for free at www.adobe.com.
About ZIP FormatWhen downloading zip files, you cannot open them until after they are downloaded and extracted. So you first need to SAVE them to your hard drive during the download process. Locate the zip file on your hard drive after it is downloaded. (Where it is saved to will depend on the settings in your browser preferences… but usually it will be a folder entitled “download” or “downloads” on your hard drive.
- On Windows PCs, right-click the Zip file and select “Extract All…” or “Extract Here”. Extract All will allow you to set a location on your pc for the extracted folder to be placed, and Extract Here will uncompress the folder and leave it in the same location as the ZIP file was downloaded.
- On Macs, double click the zip file and it should automatically “unzip” itself and create the PDF file if it contains just one file, or a folder containing multiple files for the product.
- On iPads… you need a special app to download zip files to an iPad and open them. There are several available for free at the app store. I have one on my own iPad called “My Media”. Another popular one is iDownloader (Free version). In addition there are many IOS download managers that are available for a small price.
If You Get an Error Message When Downloading a Pattern –A download link may occasionally be mis-formatted and throw out an error message. Try the download link for each product in your order, you may not get the error on all of them. Download those you can, then contact me and I will email the missing files to you.
Printing Your e-PacketPrinting colored pages will require a colored printer. For best results, we recommend you print the colored pages using your printer’s best photo quality settings and a compatible photo paper. Using the same brand paper as your printer, does make a difference in the results. Due to printer differences, colors may vary when printed
Please Respect the Designer’s Copyright When Using e-PacketsThe intent is for you to have fun with our decorative painting e-Packets, and use them to personally paint the designs for fun and profit, but we do ask that you please respect the designer’s copyright by not redistributing the file in any form either electronically or in print.
- Print the e-Packet for your personal use.
- Enlarge and reduce the line drawing to fit the surface of your choice.
- Hand paint this design to give as gifts or to sell. If you are displaying or selling the finished product on the internet, please use courtesy and give the designer copyright credit in your description with a simple statement such as: “based on a copyrighted design by *fill in designer’s name*”.
- Save it to a CD or other storage media to archive for yourself.
You May NOT:
- Re-sell or give away the pdf file to friends, students, or other painters.
- Print copies of this pattern to sell or give away.
- Email, copy it to a disk, or make it available to download on the internet to sell or give away.
- Create and sell any deriviative digital or printed products from the designs in this pattern, such as web graphics, printed notecards, etc. These type things fall under the category of mass-producing and require permission and a licensing agreement from the designer.