FAQs About Downloading Your ePatterns/eBooks
PLEASE NOTE ePatterns/eBooks are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you haven’t purchased or printed an e-Pattern before, we suggest you download one of our free e-Patterns as a test.
The ePackets and Digital Download Designs on our site are mainly in PDF format when you download them. A few that contain multiple files are in ZIP file which once saved and extracted will result in a folder with multiple PDF files to view and print.
About PDF Format
When downloading PDF files, they can either be opened or saved during the download process. We recommend you save the file to your hard drive so that you have it stored in case you ever need to open and print it at a later date.
PDF files can be opened, viewed on your computer monitor, and any or all of it can be printed on your home printer using Adobe Acrobat Reader… a free software that comes standard on most computers. If you don’t have Acrobat Reader, or need the most recently updated version, you can download it for free at www.adobe.com.
About ZIP Format
When downloading zip files, you cannot open them until after they are downloaded and extracted. So you first need to SAVE them to your hard drive during the download process.
Locate the zip file on your hard drive after it is downloaded. (Where it is saved to will depend on the settings in your browser preferences… but usually it will be a folder entitled “download” or “downloads” on your hard drive.
- On Windows PCs, right-click the Zip file and select “Extract All…” or “Extract Here”. Extract All will allow you to set a location on your pc for the extracted folder to be placed, and Extract Here will uncompress the folder and leave it in the same location as the ZIP file was downloaded.
- On Macs, double click the zip file and it should automatically “unzip” itself and create the PDF file if it contains just one file, or a folder containing multiple files for the product.
- On iPads… you need a special app to download zip files to an iPad and open them. There are several available for free at the app store. I have one on my own iPad called “My Media”. Another popular one is iDownloader (Free version). In addition there are many IOS download managers that are available for a small price.
How to Download Your e-Packet
After completing your payment, you should be redirected to a “Thank You for Your Order” Page that looks similar to the one below with a list of the ePatterns you have purchased. Just click “Download Product” next to each packet title to start the download the file. You may be prompted to specifiy where you want to save the file on your hard drive.
I would suggest you create a folder on your computer’s hard drive titled “ePacket Downloads” or something else that is easy for you to remember. If you are not prompted, your computer will store the file in the default download folder specified in your browser preferences… often a folder entitled “downloads”. You can search for the file on your computer by the Product ID#, such as “SP271EP”.
AFTER PAYMENT, IF YOU ARE NOT REDIRECTED TO THE THANK YOU PAGE WITH YOUR DOWNLOAD LINKS
You will get an email confirmation with the subject “Thank You for Your Order # – DecorativePaiintingStore.com”. (Don’t mistake this one with your payment confirmation from Paypal or Auth.net). In your “Thank You for Your Order” email is the link where you can download your e-Patterns for up to 30 days after your order is placed. The link will look somthing like (note this is just a sample link so it won’t take you to your page):
YOUR PRODUCT DOWNLOADS – You can download your files at the following URL
(if not displayed as a link – copy and paste the URL in your browser address bar)
Depending on your email setting this link may not show up as “clickable”… if it is not clickable, you can copy and paste it into your browser address bar. This is a very simple process.
How to Copy and Paste Your Link (if it is not clickable)
- Place your cursor just to the left of – http:// – click and hold your mouse as you drag over the link just to the right of the last number/letter in the link. The link will highlight as you drag. Release the mouse.
- Move the mouse pointer to within the highlighted area, right click and select GO TO or OPEN URL in the pop up window. The page should open in your browser.
If those options are not available when you right click, then:
- Select COPY from the popup window. Move your mouse pointer to the address bar in your browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome – the white bar across the top where you see the web address. Right click and select PASTE. This will paste the link you just copied from this email. Press the RETURN key on your keyboard and you should be taken to the page to download your patterns.
Once you are on the download page, click the words DOWNLOAD PRODUCT in red to the right of each product name and follow the instructions to save the file to your computer hard drive.If this link is not clickable, you will need to highlight the link. –
IF YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN DOWNLOADING
For some unknown reason a download link may occasionally throw out an error message. Try the download link for each product in your order, you may not get the error on all of them. Download those you can, then contact me and I will email the missing files to you.
Printing Your e-Packet
Printing colored pages will require a colored printer. For best results, we recommend you print the colored pages using your printer’s best photo quality settings and a compatible photo paper. Using the same brand paper as your printer, does make a difference in the results. Due to printer differences, colors may vary when printed
Please Respect the Designer’s Copyright When Using e-Packets
The intent is for you to have fun with our decorative painting e-Packets, and use them to personally paint the designs for fun and profit, but we do ask that you please respect the designer’s copyright by not redistributing the file in any form either electronically or in print.
- Print the e-Packet for your personal use.
- Enlarge and reduce the line drawing to fit the surface of your choice.
- Hand paint this design to give as gifts or to sell. If you are displaying or selling the finished product on the internet, please use courtesy and give the designer copyright credit in your description with a simple statement such as: “based on a copyrighted design by *fill in designer’s name*”.
- Save it to a CD or other storage media to archive for yourself.
You May NOT:
- Re-sell or give away the pdf file to friends, students, or other painters.
- Print copies of this pattern to sell or give away.
- Email, copy it to a disk, or make it available to download on the internet to sell or give away.
- Create and sell any deriviative digital or printed products from the designs in this pattern, such as web graphics, printed notecards, etc. These type things fall under the category of mass-producing and require permission and a licensing agreement from the designer.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask.